Below is the most up-to-date information for 2021-2022. To register, please download and complete this form and email it to email@example.com. （我要报名）
At SGA, we provide a safe, developmentally inclusive environment for preschool and school-age children. Our focus is to provide a fun and stimulating early learning and child care experience which promotes each child’s physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development.
Our Teaching Goals
It has been proven that learning two or more languages can enhance the intellectual development of the human brain, strengthen the establishment of logical thinking, and improve self-confidence. Our goal is to establish a program where children are able to learn a second language (Chinese and English). The ratio of Chinese and English parts will be personalized depending on different family language backgrounds. Our language classes also teach the children to express their ideas through language, mathematics, music, sports, art, social sciences, scientific activities, computer activities, and handcrafting activities. We are dedicated to lead them to express and communicate confidently.
Our facility is compliant with NJ State safety regulations to ensure a fun and secure environment for your children. Our new state-of-the-art school building includes: engaging Pre-school classrooms, piano and music rooms, dance studio, art rooms, and indoor and outdoor playgrounds.
Our core curriculum help students develop the skills that are most important in their future education, these classes include: Chinese, English Literacy, Math, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education, and Art & Music. We also offer enrichment classes 4 times a week beginning in the Pre-Kindergarten program. These classes include: musical instrument (piano or guitar), dance or martial arts, P.E. and visual arts or crafts.
Chinese as a Second Language (CSL)
We also offer CSL classes for students without prior exposure to the Chinese language. Our CSL program helps students to develop Chinese language skills, with an additional focus on listening and speaking, in order to accelerate their integration into our immersion program, no matter when they first started learning Chinese.
Our Day School Program
- Preschool (2.5 – 4 years old)
- Pre-Kindergarten (4-5 years old)
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade (5 – 7 years old)
Lunch and Snacks
- SGA offers paid lunch for an additional $4/day, the detailed monthly lunch menu will be posted before the school starts. Students may also bring packed lunches from home.
- Please bring your own snacks for morning and afternoon. The snacks can be cereal, fruits, crackers, yogurt, etc. SGA will also provide crackers and water for those students who forget to bring their own snacks.
Forms Required Before First Day of Attendance
- Registration Form
- Universal Health Form and vaccine records (valid within 1 year)
- Flu shot yearly record or waiver form
- Parent Information Package (please read and sign the receipt of information)
Please submit all above forms to Springfield Genius Academy before attending the first day of school. Otherwise, your child is not allowed to attend.
Items Needed to Be Brought to School
(Please label all personal belongings with your child’s name)
- Sleeping bag or sleeping sheet and blanket for napping (students who are under 6 years old and need naps)
- Diapers and wipes (if needed)
- Extra 1 or 2 sets of clothes (including underwear, shirt, pants, and socks)
- A pair of clean indoor sneakers
- Packed lunch (if you don’t order school lunch)
- 2 servings of snacks (for morning and afternoon)
- 1 reusable water bottle
- A box of tissue
- 10 pencils
- 1 eraser
- 2 folders with pockets
- 1 backpack
- Sunscreen (used from May to October)
There are 194 days in the day school calendar year 2021-2022. Please see the detailed SGA day school calendar here.
- SGA follows Millburn Public Schools’ calendar for Winter break (12/24-1/2) and Spring break (4/11-4/15).
- SGA offers holiday care during the Spring break (4/11-4/15). Day school students will be charged as a half price ($30/day).
(September 1, 2021 – June 22, 2022)
SGA offers 3 different options for each preschool program: 5 days a week, 4 days a week, and 3 days a week.
A 5 day half day program is also offered from (8:30am-12:30pm) and will follow the 3 days a week payment yearly tuition plan of $11,800.
|5 days a week
||4 days a week
||3 days a week
Before Care 7:30am-8:15am: $500/year
After Care 3:30pm-6:30pm: $1,500/year
Yearly Payment Plan
||5 days a week
||4 days a week
||3 days a week
Terms of Offer
- If you are enrolling 5 days a week for the full day program (8:30am--3:30pm) you are eligible for a $1,500 discount. This discount is valid for each year the student is enrolled at SGA. This discount cannot be shared with the 5% off for a one-time payment discount.
- Also, if you are enrolling a sibling you are eligible for the 10% off tuition sibling discount for each sibling child in the family.
Additional Registration Information
- A $200 non-refundable one-time registration fee for all new students.
- A 5% off one-time payment
- Please note that an additional $20 per month administration fee will be charged for making a monthly payment (45 days in advance please).
- Please note that a $100 monthly fee will be charged for late payments.
- If you need to re-enroll, your child will be charged as a new student and will be required to pay the $200 registration fee again.
- Please note there will be no tuition refunds for sick days, vacation, snow days, etc. for your child. Also there will be no tuition refund for any reason, except for relocating/moving more than a 40-minute driving distance (based on the gas or electricity bill of the signed parent).
We offer free enrichment classes 4 times a week for beginning in the Pre-Kindergarten program. These classes include: musical instrument (piano or guitar), dance or martial arts, P.E. and visual arts or crafts.
语言、数学、科学、社会学、音乐、美术、体育、手工、日常生活；4 岁以上 Pre-K 班学生更有免费乐器、舞蹈或武术、体操、绘画或手工课等。
每周一至周五 8:30am-3:30pm，设收费的Before Care 7:30am-8:30am和 After Care 3:30pm-6:30pm。详细日程安排另见附件一。
- 学校提供收费午餐，每天 4 元，详细的每月午餐菜单将于开学前公布。
- Flu shot的年记录或家长同意Waiver表
- 以上所有表格必须于学生入学前全部交给东方教育, 否则不予入学。
- 运动鞋 1双
- 书包或书袋 1个
- 水杯 1个
- 文件夹 2个
- 固体胶 1支
- 餐巾纸/面纸巾 3盒
- 剪刀 1把
- 替换的上衣、内裤、长裤、袜子 1套
- 除了每年的法定假日以外 ，学校将按照Millburn公立学校的校历于圣诞新年期间（12/24-1/2）和春假期间（4/11-4/15）关闭，详情请参考本年幼儿园年历。
设Before Care 7:30am-8:15am，每年加收500元
设After Care 3:30pm-6:30pm，每年加收1500元
- 如果是学校现有家长介绍报名每周五天的8:30am—3:30pm的学生可以获取全年减1500元的折扣（优惠有效至学生离校），此优惠不能与“一年一次性付款 ，学费减 5%”的优惠共享；
- 一年一次性付款 ，学费减 5%；按月付款，学费每月需加收 20元，且需提前45天支付。
- 4岁以上的学生，送以下小组兴趣课 (至少四门, 每周一次) ： 乐器课（如钢琴、小吉他、小提琴等）；舞蹈或武术课；体操课；绘画课或手工课。
- 学校不接受任何原因的退款要求，除非是搬家到 40 分钟车程以外（以署名家长的煤气或电费账单为依据办理）。